the truth will set you free?
Maybe I like this cage
and the desire to leave
is desire long dead.
Wallowing in words whispered
upon forked tongues
can also be akin
to basking in wicked waters
let me swim there
just a few minutes longer,
where your subtle truth
will wash me ashore
some other day.
I remain caged
in my eyrie of lies.
Viola Grey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (1st by Viola Grey )
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz