1986: Rebel's Lament
What of the knowing wind
of Hendrix on vinyl
songs of silence
lately branded for our own good?
What of prayers,
covered and quashed
the queen's garment stolen.
Tell me, dear Nurse, where
the old song
someone ordered 'stop
or you'll be (cast-) rated'
Gored upon the
(relatively) Good Taste &
(reasonably) Free Expression:
The rhythm of the
is no longer permitted.
Now's the time to rise,
speak in the vernacular to
new friends (no more room for
fall in love with the company.
Cretan Maineiac's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1986: Rebel's Lament by Cretan Maineiac )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal
- Love's Journey, Savita Tyagi