1986: Rebel's Lament
What of the knowing wind
of Hendrix on vinyl
songs of silence
lately branded for our own good?
What of prayers,
covered and quashed
the queen's garment stolen.
Tell me, dear Nurse, where
the old song
someone ordered 'stop
or you'll be (cast-) rated'
Gored upon the
(relatively) Good Taste &
(reasonably) Free Expression:
The rhythm of the
is no longer permitted.
Now's the time to rise,
speak in the vernacular to
new friends (no more room for
fall in love with the company.
Cretan Maineiac's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1986: Rebel's Lament by Cretan Maineiac )
- Love implicit, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Thanksgiving, ramesh rai
- Thanksgiving Day 2014 For Jakie, Shalom Freedman
- Think Alike, Naveed Akram
- The Gods and Heaven.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Troubled Box, Naveed Akram
- Colored, Caylin stansberry
- Leave, gajanan mishra
- The beauty of a poet, gajanan mishra
- Two legs animal, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)