1966 (The Great Purge)
The New Year grows dark
A ministry spearheads the arts
The Chairman has turned bold
With Brezhnev’s influence
Now out the door
Nuclear program mounts
And food exports soar
Why were they scared of this dragon?
It’s more than just their books!
Forced to ride thev starvation wagon
At the hands of red Peking crooks
Trust lost through misleading means
Can you hear the Chinese screams?
These purges seek reform
Even reaching the Gang of Four
Eliminate the Nationalist hoard
The Great Leap Forward springboard
Mason Maestro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1966 (The Great Purge) by Mason Maestro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher