love letters written
with all the scars
and bruises in plain sight...
all the falling stars...
the thunder that came
lightning that came
without the rain...
broken shovels, broken rakes,
and a pen that betrayed...
1900 nails in the bridge,
1900 miles,1900 steps.
1900 seats at the table,
1900 dreams and desires!
a small fire,
we keep adding logs.
strangers come and go,
all wanting to get warm.
passing out bowls of stew,
and old worn blankets.
the night air is still,
the moonlight whispers....
we walk down to the water,
and see the reflections,
year after year, soul after soul.
all the same, yet all different...
fireflies testify to the darkness.
this long road nearly over...
leaving no footprints,
no scent, or markers...
love letters written,
from the hollow place
back of your heart!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1900 Poems by Eric Cockrell )
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- When will I grow up?, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)