1736 Borivali Slow
Don't spit, it spreads Tuberculosis.
Don't touch un identified objects, inform police.
The station is your property, help it keep clean.
A bent old woman is running on two legs,
Hands swinging like a mama gorilla,
The train slips away from her.
Short skirts, salwars, tight trousers, pot bellies, breeze by,
Tracks break into a bitter but known cacophony.
The IVR like the government advises the obvious what's happened.
Every one knew what the next station was.
No one knows what's their next stop is going to be.
Passengers keep on playing games,
I don't see any apples, neither oranges, nor onions,
My eyes don't irritate. Must be Korean or Japanese.
Flowers picked yesterday, strewn into beads today,
To be adorned for sexual nirvana tonight are watered to be kept alive.
Ladies dream of miracles, men dream of escapes,
Children of Pokemon.
The tracks ramble. I write.
The driver honks. Telepathy he got horny.
Influx of tired men, some bald, some old. Some alive.
We race, our train with the fast one,
Tracy Chapman, Fast Car, no, fast trains, no,
Just rattling tracks, under 25000 Volts
This can go on,
But soon it will get stuffy,
I won't have the space to finger my fingers,
Therefore I allow the train and the passengers.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (1736 Borivali Slow by Hardik Vaidya )
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
- Stillness, Yohan Confectioner
- Time In History, George Egba
- Jadavpur University Campus, The Coffee H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Nature To You, Yohan Confectioner
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
- All God's 792 Poems Are Free To Preach &.., Tom Zart
- Nevermore, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)