1736 Borivali Slow
Don't spit, it spreads Tuberculosis.
Don't touch un identified objects, inform police.
The station is your property, help it keep clean.
A bent old woman is running on two legs,
Hands swinging like a mama gorilla,
The train slips away from her.
Short skirts, salwars, tight trousers, pot bellies, breeze by,
Tracks break into a bitter but known cacophony.
The IVR like the government advises the obvious what's happened.
Every one knew what the next station was.
No one knows what's their next stop is going to be.
Passengers keep on playing games,
I don't see any apples, neither oranges, nor onions,
My eyes don't irritate. Must be Korean or Japanese.
Flowers picked yesterday, strewn into beads today,
To be adorned for sexual nirvana tonight are watered to be kept alive.
Ladies dream of miracles, men dream of escapes,
Children of Pokemon.
The tracks ramble. I write.
The driver honks. Telepathy he got horny.
Influx of tired men, some bald, some old. Some alive.
We race, our train with the fast one,
Tracy Chapman, Fast Car, no, fast trains, no,
Just rattling tracks, under 25000 Volts
This can go on,
But soon it will get stuffy,
I won't have the space to finger my fingers,
Therefore I allow the train and the passengers.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (1736 Borivali Slow by Hardik Vaidya )
- Will you come to me tonight?, Erato
- पापा, sushant jha
- पापा, sushant jha
- Resurgence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)