Friends, those who will, after one hundred years,
read this poem composed in tears,
remember, this day of three twelves
we swore by God dedicating us to ourselves
we would love like no others loved before;
and touching us we swore
we would die loving each other this way.
12.12.2012 on this very day
we loved like a flower and a bee; and on your
12.12.2112, you all will love too sure.
On that day remember for one moment our love;
like you, we had sung a song here, me and my dove.
Sayeed Abubakar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (12.12.12 by Sayeed Abubakar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...