11-3 or 4-12
What is the day?
So long has one asked.
The day is -uh-I don't know.
Minutes to hours -Years measured by dreams.
The pattern of time
To leave it's soul unknown.
I waited for today to happen.
So many years to reveal its' truth.
The innocent victim
finally meets the weary soul.
Should I smile and feel I won the battle?
Or does the battle still rage on?
Gold mixed beauty,
Clinging to a borrowed dream.
To push time to a moment
When the veil was lifted
And my heart,
was a friend,
Not a thief.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (11-3 or 4-12 by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara
- A Ball of Rugs, Hannington Mumo
- Behold, O God!, William Browne
- Breakfast, Near A Window, Susan Lacovara
- The Shed, Susan Lacovara
- Rich and Scared, Poor and Safe!, Charles Jagongo