11-3 or 4-12
What is the day?
So long has one asked.
The day is -uh-I don't know.
Minutes to hours -Years measured by dreams.
The pattern of time
To leave it's soul unknown.
I waited for today to happen.
So many years to reveal its' truth.
The innocent victim
finally meets the weary soul.
Should I smile and feel I won the battle?
Or does the battle still rage on?
Gold mixed beauty,
Clinging to a borrowed dream.
To push time to a moment
When the veil was lifted
And my heart,
was a friend,
Not a thief.
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (11-3 or 4-12 by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
- Awake, Michael McParland
- Rescue the Poor Eves!, Dr John Celes
- Extend hand at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Memory, Benhardi Dicka
- Canoeing, Doyen Lingua
- Like child, hasmukh amathalal
- Her Saturday Ritual, Arno Le Roux
- Loving Across Seasons, Arno Le Roux
- I wish to be earthen lamp, Aftab Alam
- The Business Of Life, Arno Le Roux
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)