11-3 or 4-12
What is the day?
So long has one asked.
The day is -uh-I don't know.
Minutes to hours -Years measured by dreams.
The pattern of time
To leave it's soul unknown.
I waited for today to happen.
So many years to reveal its' truth.
The innocent victim
finally meets the weary soul.
Should I smile and feel I won the battle?
Or does the battle still rage on?
Gold mixed beauty,
Clinging to a borrowed dream.
To push time to a moment
When the veil was lifted
And my heart,
was a friend,
Not a thief.
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (11-3 or 4-12 by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
- To touch a star is to be ouch with respe.., Raymond Sawyer
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
- They came across a homeless-looking man, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- He Is A Clown, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Morally Corrupt, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)