10.35 AM On A Station Platform In Wyoming
I stood here
A month and a half
Since the last letter
From the war front
Your epistle imprinted by your kiss
I search for words
The whispers that bleed my mouth
I took solace in tears
The rivers that bleached my cheeks
I stood here every day
When the clock stuck 10.35 AM
On our station platform
Which carry the smears of our love
I search for answers
From a muted god
I search for a sign of life
The music of an intrinsic heartbeat
I search for your clues
In newspaper cuttings
I search for you
Under our unkempt bedsheets
Find me my love
Let our love plaster your wounds
Let the blades of longing carve the shrapnel
As you say a prayer to destiny
And lend an ear to her whispers
While you carry your country
In your arms.....
And our love
I will wait for you.......
Beyond my final sunset
I will linger like the tide in the ocean
I will find you in body, if not in soul
For we are meant for each other....
Not just in the confluence of our lips
But also in resonance of our heartbeats
What is love, without you?
What is love, on a lonely bed?
What is love, haunted by your ghosts?
What is love, in absentia.........?
I will wait for you my love
On the platform where we made love
Under the star-lit heavens
I will wait for you
Your aura, your uniform and your lips
Every passing day.......
10.35 AM, yet another day
Will I meet you in a lock of shoulders
Prelude to a protracted kiss......?
Or will you hold my hand with your purple heart?
Time, dear time
Show me your essence, your story
For I need to rest my tears.......
To live beyond the shadow of doubt - the haze of the great unknown.......
Dilantha Gunawardana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (10.35 AM On A Station Platform In Wyoming by Dilantha Gunawardana )
- Insensibile, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Soul Gives Life to Dreams xx xxx xx .., Lee Mack
- Dreams Everyone Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Let's Live in Peace, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Young Housewife, William Carlos Williams
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)