Michael Shepherd (8.4.1929 / Marton, Lancashire)
0014 Lyric 2
The heart so loves to love,
loves love, beyond the loving all;
The mind so plays, so loves to play,
plays with that greater play
of love, that plays with mind and time;
time plays with love, times out of mind,
but love’s the heart of it;
love loves beyond time, love loves beyond mind,
for in the end,
there is no end to it.
Poet Other Poems
- ! 'Great Write...' - great reader!
- ! l o n e l y
- ! S I N
- ! 11.11.: TO THE FALLEN
- ! A grief ago
- ! A novel situation
- ! A Platonic Reminiscence of a Great La...
- ! A poem for Samuel
- ! A Poet
- ! A spiral scratched into an ancient Ir...
- ! A Wish
- ! A Zimbabwean asks a question
- ! An angry poem about peace
- ! An offering of bliss to you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.