I am a fool in this world, he said,
Not knowin’ where I’m goin’,
Travellin’ down tah nowhere.
I’m all alone in the world,
Ain’t got nobody to share my bed,
Ain’t got nobody to hold my hand,
I don’t got a woman.
Big Jim shook his head and said,
Trouble with you, sir,
Is you ain’t got a head.
You is half-stupid, half-deaf and dumb.
You don’t pay attention to nothin’,
So ya end up hurtin’ yoself in the end.
Georgie said, Then what do I do,
To get a woman, Big Jim?
I ain’t got no clue.
I feel so alone,
So sad and so down.
What the hell am I to do?
Big Jim responded,
Well, whatcha gotta do is
Clean yoself up,
Get a nice disposition,
Set your attitude straight,
Take a woman by the hand,
Share your money,
Share your love,
And share your bed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (½ by Justin Reamer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Haiku: Another Physics Haiku, Brian Johnston
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR