I am a fool in this world, he said,
Not knowin’ where I’m goin’,
Travellin’ down tah nowhere.
I’m all alone in the world,
Ain’t got nobody to share my bed,
Ain’t got nobody to hold my hand,
I don’t got a woman.
Big Jim shook his head and said,
Trouble with you, sir,
Is you ain’t got a head.
You is half-stupid, half-deaf and dumb.
You don’t pay attention to nothin’,
So ya end up hurtin’ yoself in the end.
Georgie said, Then what do I do,
To get a woman, Big Jim?
I ain’t got no clue.
I feel so alone,
So sad and so down.
What the hell am I to do?
Big Jim responded,
Well, whatcha gotta do is
Clean yoself up,
Get a nice disposition,
Set your attitude straight,
Take a woman by the hand,
Share your money,
Share your love,
And share your bed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (½ by Justin Reamer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Deep Deep Peace, Margaret Moran
- Aflas Ke Basti..., pakeeza rizvi
- WHO REALLY CONTROLS THE WORLD?, john chizoba vincent
- Walking In Clouds, Juan Olivarez
- Of Ancestors From Long Ago, Spiritwind Wood
- If I Told You, Spiritwind Wood
- WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME, FATHER?, john chizoba vincent
- Whipoorwill, Kyle Schlicher
- Turning Over Rocks, Kyle Schlicher
- I am Native American, Spiritwind Wood