I am a fool in this world, he said,
Not knowin’ where I’m goin’,
Travellin’ down tah nowhere.
I’m all alone in the world,
Ain’t got nobody to share my bed,
Ain’t got nobody to hold my hand,
I don’t got a woman.
Big Jim shook his head and said,
Trouble with you, sir,
Is you ain’t got a head.
You is half-stupid, half-deaf and dumb.
You don’t pay attention to nothin’,
So ya end up hurtin’ yoself in the end.
Georgie said, Then what do I do,
To get a woman, Big Jim?
I ain’t got no clue.
I feel so alone,
So sad and so down.
What the hell am I to do?
Big Jim responded,
Well, whatcha gotta do is
Clean yoself up,
Get a nice disposition,
Set your attitude straight,
Take a woman by the hand,
Share your money,
Share your love,
And share your bed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (½ by Justin Reamer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Prayer To Mother Nature., Marcondes Pereira
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mist, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave
- Bell, Book & Candle, David Lewis Paget
- Dear baby - (Something Casual), Mitta Xinindlu
- A Glowing Morning, Rohit Sapra
- सबका चहेता तो रहा हूँ sabka chahetaa, hasmukh amathalal
- A moment (Rubliw), Gert Strydom