I don't really have much to say anymore
The words are all long gone
My pains all played out, my poems a bore
Like the tune of an overplayed song
So men tried to hurt me, I'm not the only one
So the world wasn't as pretty as I wanted it to be
Nothing new, everyones been hurt some
Everyones felt in some small way what happened to me
So why do I continue to write?
No one wants to listen
Why do I still feel the urge to fight?
Whats the point of risking?
So I may die alone and never feel love
So I may not make a diffrence in the world
So I may not rise up, rise above..
Who cares, I'm not the first to grow old
Yet all around me are smiling faces
Gentle hugs and warm kisses
I have friends, family, hope a new place
I'll succeed just not in the way I expected
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (..... by Eden Sheffroth )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II