Peter Boyle Poems
- The Unknowable Who had children. Who died. Who found ...
- Education Seven years old, on loan to an uncle and a bundle...
- Separation You in the high-walled fortress of sleep I on an ...
- Missing Words I don’t know how many things there are in this ...
- Some Mountains The mountain beyond that pass has no name. It ...
- Four Voices For A Century I am learning to see: Long dark ...
- The Apocrypha Of William O'sha...
Peter Boyle is an Australian poet and translator.
Peter Boyle was born in Melbourne, Victoria, in 1951. He has published nine collections of poetry, including The Blue Cloud of Crying and Coming Home From the World.
Boyle has also published translations of Federico García Lorca, Luis Cernuda, Eugenio Montejo, César Vallejo, Pierre Reverdy, and others. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Who had children. Who died.
Who found himself lucky after thirty years
and stumbling home realised
it was a simple error.
Who ruled behind the scenes in the Department of Misinformation,
who was later conscripted
to underwrite Armageddon.
Whose hand was lost in a sawmill
and was met again as the strange dust
of a new-found galaxy.
Who migrated to the other world
but came home to bury the dog.
Who divorced and died of alcoholism
in the country town where destiny misplaced him.
Who topped high school, failed everything else
twice, married money, ...