PAUL COLVIN Poems
- Self Pride You are yourself not someone else Do not decry, ...
- The Fart. We see this coarse or vile and give it other ...
- Love In Darkest Hours. For love was a wonderful sight And ...
- Fresh Cut Grass. The fresh cut grass, that summer scent That...
- A Birdseye's View. The rooftops of Italia’s Alps stand neatly...
- Papa Mio. (For Carmela) .
- What Is Life? Life is short and may be sweet It could be ...
I was born in sunny Glasgow but left in 1980 to work in London and still here. My poems are very varied, from love to childhood reminisces to football to sorrow, illness and death with some children's poems thrown in. And a few Glasgow/Scottish themes as well.
I would like to suggest a few poems:
A Soldier's Last Thoughts - About death in war.
Dignity and Pride - ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
You are yourself not someone else
Do not decry, dare not deny
When asked or told you’re something less
Stand proud and say, I’m me.
You cannot be what you’re not,
No matter what your background
Don’t be afraid of truths
Do not give way to higher claims
Stand tall and look them in the eye
Do not cringe at parents’ flaws
But respect the lot you have
Thank them for the gift of life
And pity those who put you down.