Noell Staton Poems
- City Night For the country girl of mountains far Heaven met...
- Look Back What do you know of my life? Why do you think ...
- Gone You said you’d never leave me You promised to be ...
- The Coldest Place What is the coldest place in world? Some ...
- Untitled He is the predator I am the prey In this little ...
- Silenced Ears Silenced ears amid screeching noise The desire...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Noell Staton
He is the predator
I am the prey
In this little game we play
The wind is rushing through my hair
As my legs fly over the ground
All while I do my best not to make a sound
I dive for cover as the bushes move
And out steps the hunter to mock my flight
“Run, run, run with all your might! ”
So I do
His steps sound at my back
And I trip and hit the ground with a ‘SMACK! ’
Turning over in time to see him lunge
My scream echoes far and wide
As I feel ourselves collide
His quick tap on my arm
I hear him say from where I sit