Nkululeko Mdudu Poems
- ! ! ! -My Love Has Loved You B... I knew what you did ...
- ! ! ! Does Black Ink Ever Turn... When this head of black ...
- $! Who Said..... Who said........This is poetry? Who ...
- A Letter Over The Phone There will always be something wrong ...
- ! @~zihla Ngamqala Mnye~~ </>Awu! Inkomo kabawo ...
- Sivelaphi, Singobani? (Xhosa P... Yeyiphi eyona nzala ...
- ``~an October And though I write these saddened words On the...
Nkululeko Gilbert Mdudu is a goat herder who grew up in the villege of Shiloh near Queenstown in the Eastern Cape. He was largely influenced by his grandfather, Simon Gilbert Mdudu who; along with his wife Beatrice Mdudu(my grandma) and the magic of the legendary true stories of their lives have shaped me. I am mad about my culture'and the world is a diamond', they said; but mainly about the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
! ! ! -My Love Has Loved You Best~! ! !
I knew what you did to me,
But I didn't know why;
So I labelled It Love,
And I let It lie...
Deep within my soul,
Safely captured and stored till now.
But without me knowing,
It grew stronger than me somehow.
A prisoner outlasting jail,
A slave turned master;
A Thing I can't restrain;
Towards you, moving faster.
As if It smells the blood of Its own kind,
and longing for Its mother there to rest.
It can't see, hear, taste or touch,
But I know my Love has loved you best.