Masaoka Shiki Poems
- A Mountain Village A mountain village under the pilled-up ...
- A Cock Crows a cock crows at the foot of the small Mt. ...
- Consider Me Consider me As one who loved poetry And ...
- Autumn Wind Autumn wind - met, returning alive you and me
- A Hollyhock a hollyhock shot up to meet the summer solstice
- Mi-No-Ue Ya Mi-no-ue ya mi-kuji o hikeba aki no kaze
- Sponge Gourd Has sponge gourd has bloomed choked by ...
Masaoka Shiki (September 17, 1867 – September 19, 1902) was the pen-name of a Japanese author, poet, literary critic, and journalist in Meiji period Japan. His real name was Masaoka Tsunenori , but as a child he was called Tokoronosuke . Later, he changed his name to Noboru .
Shiki was a strong advocate of modernization of Japanese poetry, introducing the terms haiku to replace ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Mountain Village
A mountain village
under the pilled-up snow
the sound of water.