Masaoka Shiki Poems
- A Cock Crows a cock crows at the foot of the small Mt. ...
- A Hollyhock a hollyhock shot up to meet the summer solstice
- Consider Me Consider me As one who loved poetry And ...
- Autumn Wind Autumn wind - met, returning alive you and me
- Loneliness loneliness after the fireworks stars' shooting
- Behind The Stand behind the stand of winter trees a red ...
- My Life My life, - How much more of it remains? The night ...
Masaoka Shiki (September 17, 1867 – September 19, 1902) was the pen-name of a Japanese author, poet, literary critic, and journalist in Meiji period Japan. His real name was Masaoka Tsunenori , but as a child he was called Tokoronosuke . Later, he changed his name to Noboru .
Shiki was a strong advocate of modernization of Japanese poetry, introducing the terms haiku to replace ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Cock Crows
a cock crows
at the foot of the small Mt. Fuji