Mary X Poems
- Muslim Woman. I open up my book of thoughts And memories, ...
- No Critical Understanding. did. did. the words.
- Shiny Gung Ho Knives. The recluse is a type that not only ...
- Truth. Fishing for wood on the edge of my mattress
- Masturbation. There are times when you simply cannot do ...
- He Once Knew An Angel. When you hurdle into your ...
- A Realization At The Perfect M... Every night when I’m ...
average. come healthy aesthetics come deadly sufferings. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I open up my book of thoughts
And memories, and get struck
With a whispery clatter of voices and a blowing force:
‘I am not Indian, ’
I played ignorant in a white-man’s western slumber,
‘I am from Pakistan’.
‘I follow my husband to where he wishes to go’
(a flower chained to the linked cage
and set free only with death’s blow)
‘I believe in one god, one god, one god.’
The drapes of this lady fell creased and sombre,
Clinging to her body as her soul clung to her country.
A significant rock falls from the apex of Moses
And tumbles down ...