Mary Mc Creath
Mary Mc Creath Poems
- Childhood Memories- Childhood ... In buildings tall with ...
- Death-Sudden Death Of A Friend Today - You smiled, Were ...
- New Technology-3d Printing Did you know that you Can print a...
- Feelings - Some Feelings Some feelings are joyful Some ...
- Being-Caged Bird Why am I not free? To be… The person that...
- Being-Found I have found my voice I can speak my truth No ...
- Being-Here There And Everywher... I know you here, I see you ...
I have been touched by the poems written by others on this site and I am enjoying reading them. It is good to read the words of people who have put their life experiences on this site for others to read, and be inspired by them. I am happy to have found this place.
My poems were written as I was reflecting on my life experiences.I have written most of them years ago and have them in notebooks. As I come across them I type them up on poemhunter. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''I am old now and I can tell you, I would not change my place with anyone.''Mary Mc creath
''Light illuminates. It changes flat shadows into three-dimensional objects and brings them to life for all to see.''Mary Mc Creath
''Today you smiled, were full of joy at prospects of tomorrow. Now you lie so still, absent, From all you wanted to do, or be. Yet present as you lived toMary Mc Creath
''The empty sky was deaf unto my plea. That emptiness descended now on me.''Mary Mc Creath
''To see who we truly are and come to know that each of us is part of every star.''Mary Mc Creath
Childhood Memories- Childhood Play
In buildings tall with concrete wall,
I came to be.
Twelve families a tenement did
share with me.
Backyard of concrete too did see my play.
Two rooms for shelter eight of us did stay.
The stairs we leapt and slithered down for fun.
The railings climbed,
the smaller buildings too.
The lamp posts used for swinging with a rope.
The enemy were often tied there too.
Cakes from mud with broken china paid.
A piece of chalk and peever beds were laid.
Balls bouncing ‘gainst the wall swayed too and fro,
Count one to ten...the others flee.. search high...