Martin Swords Poems
- A Walk In The Woods With Rober... Overcast but warm, ...
- Breakfast For One Breakfasts were special. Two plates. Two...
- Bob Dylan, And Me. I know Bob Dylan well. Grew up with him,
- A Bowl Of Rice Always A fractured home A distanced ...
- All The Boys On back a bedroom door A hook, a cap, ...
- The Late Gift He had only one more gift to give, the manner...
- Artificial Paradise It’s an Artificial Paradise Here in the...
Welcome. 'Fáilte'- from yet another Irish Poet.
My Blog www.martinswordspoetry.blogspot.com
Writers Group www.wicklowwritersblogspot.com
YouTube Martin Swords Wicklow Writers
Member of Wicklow Writers Group.
Background in Design and Communications.
Writing Poetry since 1990 more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Walk In The Woods With Robert Frost
Overcast but warm,
The day dry, unusually.
Walking the woods with the dogs
As many times before.
Lucy and Tig, away in the rough dark deep,
Yipping with the scent of deer, excited.
Ruby, river scrambling, biting
At the bogwater, wagging, from the shoulders back
Along the old familiar track, into
The clearing where the roads diverge.
I stopped and stood. Which way to go?
Think of another Poet, and roads not taken.
Yes, I’ve been here before. This way I came.
That way I saw a squirrel once.
And down that way a badger
Straight on, the ...