Marlin Nightingale Poems
- The River Of Life Yes the river, ever rushing, On it's ...
- Tell Yourself You'Re Happy Happiness is quite a thing, Can ...
- Unknown Soldier Soldier, here I stand and wonder, thinking of...
- Youth Those days when passion scaled the cliffs, And ...
- Football Here he walks with wistful wonder, Tuning out the ...
- Bloody Nonsense The sight of blood to some, I'm sure, Would...
- Miss Flirtatious Those fitted jeans with price so high, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The River Of Life
Yes the river, ever rushing,
On it's boundaries always pushing,
Leaping, scrambling, onward surging,
Swiftly moving, onward lurching.
Boulders, stones, it slaps, it pushes,
At some tree roots grabs-then rushes,
Moss and logs to join the fray,
Twisting, twirling on their way.
Calming eddies, raging rapids,
Temper showing; smooth and placid,
Cooling waters, seething spray,
Plumes that sparkle with the day.
Lifting hope to sun-parched land,
Giving beasts the strength to stand,
Giving life where death's firm grip,
Pulls the ...