Maria Shaw Poems
- Heart Of Ice. Her beauty was second to none like a ...
- Gorillas In The Mist. She lived in the mountains wild and ...
- A Brand New Start. 'What do you want to eat' he said I saw ...
- Civil Unrest. Governments shake bloodied hands keeping the ...
- A Day In Paradise. I tasted paradise sweet nectar of life ...
- 'Sitting Bull' Lakota Chief. Sitting Bull stood his ground ...
- Jealousy Jealousy completely overwhelmed me I drove love ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Heart Of Ice.
Her beauty was second to none
like a butterfly she flitted by
as man with a net did chase
hoping to capture her heart.
How she teased
she bought men to their knees
her heart of ice
none could thaw.
She hid behind the tallest walls
none could tear them down
many tried but failed
her heart of stone, imprisoned, alone.
How she longed for love
for someone to love who she was
but barriers were high
she needed much more than lustful eyes.
No one took the time to know her
men showered her with gifts ...