Maria Shaw Poems
- Civil Unrest. Governments shake bloodied hands keeping the ...
- Heart Of Ice. Her beauty was second to none like a ...
- Gorillas In The Mist. She lived in the mountains wild and ...
- A Brand New Start. 'What do you want to eat' he said I saw ...
- A Day In Paradise. I tasted paradise sweet nectar of life ...
- Jealousy Jealousy completely overwhelmed me I drove love ...
- Gypsy Eyes Gypsy eyes hypnotize I drown in oceans sea ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Governments shake bloodied hands
keeping the people under command
the more they protest the worse it gets
and then they call it civil unrest.
Pretending we're at war
they make plans to ensure their profits soar
killing off the masses
with chemicals and gases.
as leaders make plans to invade land and oil
waving flags in undignified glory
cheering as history repeats the same story.
Taxes invested in death and destruction
as we work like slaves to pay our way
struggling to survive
as inflation soars ...