Louis Untermeyer Poems
- Infidelity You have not conquered me—it is the surge Of ...
- Portrait Of A Machine What nudity as beautiful as ...
- Rainbow’s End “Do you remember at the rainbow's end Those ...
- Feuerzauber I never knew the earth had so much gold -- ...
- Questions At Night Why Is the sky? What starts the ...
- Mockery God, I return to You on April days ...
- Irony Why are the things that have no death The ones with ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Louis Untermeyer
You have not conquered me—it is the surge
Of love itself that beats against my will;
It is the sting of conflict, the old urge
That calls me still.
It is not you I love—it is the form
And shadow of all lovers who have died
That gives you all the freshness of a warm
And unfamiliar bride.
It is your name I breathe, your hands I seek;
It will be you when you are gone.
And yet the dream, the name I never speak,
Is that that lures me on.
It is the golden summons, the bright wave
Of banners calling me anew;
It is all beauty, ...