Liilia Talts Morrison
Liilia Talts Morrison Poems
- Partings A woman friend the other day said someone left her ...
- Scars The wounds of life can't be avoided in work, in play, ...
- Bali Sea The spirit flies across the sea where songs of ...
- Florida Acrostic Faded denims wrap jaded New Yorkers; Latin...
- Children Of God We are all children, all children of God We ...
- Rainbows And Butterflies In days of youthful heady daze I'd...
- Grandma's Kitchen The old folks retired, this kitchen their ...
Liilia loves Florida, which is the subject of many of her poems and writings. Favorite themes: the spiritual life, simplicity, color, nature & its creatures and things fallen to the wayside. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A woman friend the other day
said someone left her stranded
the person moved to other scenes
the parting had been candid
No speeches and no stuff exchanged
no crying and no tears
although it seemed a single drop
left marks of sadness, fear
I thought about the times I left
someone or they left me.
Had there been tears or had the years
blurred out what had to be?
I wondered why two people must
at times play that sad game
it seems unfair to break a heart
yet I, too, am to blame
Those turning points, though few there were
when I ...