Liilia Talts Morrison
Liilia Talts Morrison Poems
- Partings A woman friend the other day said someone left her ...
- Home-Baked Bread Thoughts arise of home-baked bread Set on ...
- Rainbows And Butterflies In days of youthful heady daze I'd...
- Blue Willow World The sky is ever azure no cloud dare mar ...
- Kind Words Kind words are never wasted though falling on ...
- Scars The wounds of life can't be avoided in work, in play, ...
- Not A Few I've been granted blessings not a few challenges ...
Liilia loves Florida, which is the subject of many of her poems and writings. Favorite themes: the spiritual life, simplicity, color, nature & its creatures and things fallen to the wayside. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A woman friend the other day
said someone left her stranded
the person moved to other scenes
the parting had been candid
No speeches and no stuff exchanged
no crying and no tears
although it seemed a single drop
left marks of sadness, fear
I thought about the times I left
someone or they left me.
Had there been tears or had the years
blurred out what had to be?
I wondered why two people must
at times play that sad game
it seems unfair to break a heart
yet I, too, am to blame
Those turning points, though few there were
when I ...