Leonard Dabydeen Poems
- Loneliness She creeps around my room lulling any sound ...
- A Gifted World
- A Crow's Heart Shadows move among them, amorphous like ...
- As Tears Fall As tears fall upon dehydrated cheeks making ...
- Addicted This cool morning breeze keeps my heart beating ...
- Always On My Mind
- The Color Of My Skin I may bring to your attention this ...
Canadian - Guyanese born.University education. Freelance creative writer.
Poetry manuscripts submitted in Poetry Contests in Canada & U.S.A. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Leonard Dabydeen
She creeps around my room
lulling any sound whispering
in the creak of my chair
or the opening of a cabinet
watching and listening
like a hawk perched for flight
then she comes into my mind
with a hug and a kiss
loving me for who I am
and who I want to be
or who I have become
then she tickles me
in the vulnerability of my soul
stirring me into life
and I begin to let my keyboard play
like a piano of my dreams
as I play a song for her to sleep
while I sift through my world
like a spider’s web
trapped in the loneliness
of bountiful joy...