King David of Israel
King David of Israel Poems
- Psalm 23: The Lord Is My Shep... 1The LORD is my shepherd; ...
- Psalm 28: Unto Thee Will I Cr...
- The Beauty Of Israel Is Slain (A lamentation for King Saul, ...
- Psalm 6: Deliver My Soul 1 O LORD, rebuke me not in thine ...
- Psalm 5: For Thou, Lord, Wil...
- Psalm 51: Have Mercy Upon Me,... (When the prophet Nathan...
- Psalm 7: O Lord My God, In T...
David (Hebrew: ד ָ ּ ו ִ ד , ד ָ ּ ו ִ י ד , Modern David Tiberian Dā wîḏ ; ISO 259-3 Dawid; Strong's Daveed; beloved; Arabic: د ا و و د or د ا و د [note A] Dā wū d) was the second king of the United Kingdom of Israel according to the Hebrew Bible and, according to the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, an ancestor of Jesus Christ through both Saint Joseph and Mary. He is depicted as a righteous king, though not without faults, as well as an acclaimed warrior, musician, and poet, traditionally credited for composing many of the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about King David of Israel
Psalm 23: The Lord Is My Shepherd
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul:
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow ...