Kenn Nesbitt Poems
- Our Teacher's A Football Fanat... Our teacher's a football ...
- Homework, I Love You Homework, I love you. I think that ...
- My Teacher Ate My Homework My teacher ate my homework, which...
- All My Great Excuses I started on my homework, but my pen ...
- My Dog Does My Homework My dog does my homework at home ...
- While Strolling Down The Beach... While strolling down the...
- Science Homework I hope that you believe me, for I wouldn't ...
Kenn Nesbitt is an American children's poet. On June 11, 2013 he was named Children's Poet Laureate by the Poetry Foundation.
He is a writer of humorous poetry for children, including the books My Hippo Has the Hiccups and Revenge of the Lunch Ladies. Kenn Nesbitt has collaborated with poet Linda Knaus on one collection of Christmas poems entitled Santa Got Stuck in the Chimney and with children's musician Eric Herman on several CDs. His poems also appear in numerous anthologies of humorous children's poetry. Nesbitt's writing often includes imagery of outrageous happenings, before ending on a realistic note. Being children's poems, many make fun of school life.
He was born on ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Our Teacher's A Football Fanatic
Our teacher's a football fanatic.
It's all that he has on his mind.
He listens to games on his headphones,
and frets when his team is behind.
He jumps up and down with they're winning.
He screams when they fumble a pass.
We know we're supposed to be reading,
but watching him's simply a gas.
Our principal walked in on Friday,
and he was too angry to speak.
Our substitute started on Monday.
Our teacher's been benched for a week.