Keith Johnson Poems
- Grubby Grub I love to cook two crispy snacks Of Aussie grub ...
- Moments In Waitarere - New Yea... I was in the 4-Square at...
- For England 2016 -new- You were so beautiful my own country Your ...
- Ode To An Australian Magpie My head aches and throbbing ...
- By Hook Or By Cook? The Saltwa...
- Modesty Their Standard [ice Pi...
- One Kooka Short Of A Barbecue ...
I am an Economist and Public Policy Analyst by profession who has worked in over 25 countries during a 40-year career. In 1991, I settled in Wellington, New Zealand, having lived and worked in the Philippines for the previous seven years. Nowadays I am largely a house-husband and the principal carer for 2 small sons. As I am semi-retired from policy work, I write extensively in my spare time. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I love to cook two crispy snacks
Of Aussie grub and Kiwi tucker,
But the little crawlies both have knacks
Of gumming up my cooker.
I seek them out of bush and tree,
I send out east and west;
But after they’ve been twigged and logged for me,
I give them all a rest.
I let them rest from nine till three,
For I am busy then,
But scoff them down at dins and tea,
When hunger strikes again.
But different folk have different strokes:
I know a person small —
She keeps a tub of crawling grubs,
Who get no rest at all!
She dines on...