Keith Johnson Poems
- The Kaka [nz Parrot] And The K...
- Grubby Grub I love to cook two crispy snacks Of Aussie grub ...
- Moments In Waitarere - New Yea... I was in the 4-Square at...
- Ode To An Australian Magpie My head aches and throbbing ...
- By Hook Or By Cook? The Saltwa...
- Modesty Their Standard [ice Pi...
- One Kooka Short Of A Barbecue ...
I am an Economist and Public Policy Analyst by profession who has worked in over 25 countries during a 40-year career. In 1991, I settled in Wellington, New Zealand, having lived and worked in the Philippines for the previous seven years. Nowadays I am largely a house-husband and the principal carer for 2 small sons. As I am semi-retired from policy work, I write extensively in my spare time. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Kaka [nz Parrot] And The Kuku [nz Wood Pigeon] – Funny Old Birds
The kuku loves domestic bliss
The kaka likes life’s turns and twists
The kuku is at its best at home
The kaka though is prone to roam
While kukus plump for picturesque
The kaka goes for picaresque
For the kuku absences are antithetic
Contrast the kaka - he’s peripatetic
Like Zorro the kaka wears a red bolero
Not so, the demure and retired kereru
The kuku is polite and workaholic
Where kakas are ever prone to frolic
At a party, you can guess who’s most shambolic
The kaka always gins without the tonic
The kuku rarely doffs its...