Kaifi Azmi (Hindi: कैफ़ी आज़मी; Urdu: کیفی اعظمی) was an Indian Urdu poet. He is considered to be one of the greatest Urdu poets of 20th century. Together with Pirzada Qasim, Jon Eliya and many others he participated in many memorable mushairas of 20th century.
Kaifi Azmi was born in a village Mizwaa(n) in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Kaifi Azmi is married to Shaukhat Azmi. They have a daughter, Shabana Azmi (An Indian Actress of film, television and theatre) and Baba Azmi (Indian Cinematographer).
At age eleven, Azmi wrote his first ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Mere dil me.n tuu hii tuu hai dil kii da...
- Bas ik jhijhak hai yahii haal-e-dil suna...
- Pahalaa salaam
- Ek duaa
- Koii ye kaise bataa ye ke vo tanhaa kyo....
- Sunaa karo merii jaa.N in se un se afasa...
- Aavaaraa sajde
- Ab tum aaGosh-e-tasavvur me.n bhii aayaa...
- Itanaa to zindagiii me.n kisii kii Khala...
Comments about Kaifi Azmi
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)