John Tansey Poems
- Middle Age... At end, when it is too late to start anew.
- Reminiscing On Childhood… Reminiscing on Childhood… I
- My Mother...Victimized With De... My mother, I have not ...
- For My 'Oma' If the foreknowledge of our own impending ...
- Magnanimity Brandon, the world depends on the existence of ...
- The Ashen Fallen Of Pompeii...... I called you again, ...
- Rockport...Visual Imagery Pea green sea squalls, Whorled ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
At end, when it is too late
to start anew.
When every chance to fly
lies like dead birds in your rear view
It was not out of love
nor any childhood dream
That we ran, ignoring every wonder
of life only to wind up here
By accident, and looking up to see
in the vaguely familiar face
of a stranger
every soulful longing of home
since we, last, left it
A sense of familiarity
running behind me as I left
Saying, 'Here, is your coat
you will catch cold'
Life is nothing more than this
a walk around the block when you...