Jeffrey SpahrSummers Poems
- Courage It takes courage to admit defeat to lay the weapons ...
- Mary Jane Doesn'T Live Here An... But her sweet gutteral ...
- I Have Nothing To Offer But me love faith heart
- Do Not Disturb The discretionary sign hung from the ...
- Ser-En-Dip-I-Ty he begets poetry begets interest begets ...
- Four Fifteen A.M. I am preparing chicken salad and while the...
- Im About To Open This Bag stand back this is a heavy ...
Jeff publishes his poetry and photographs on a regular basis.
Please go to these sites for more information...
http: ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
It takes courage to admit defeat
to lay the weapons down
to declare oneself unarmed
before anyone else gets hurt
it takes courage to succumb
to ones fear to overcome it
to surrender to the frankness
of the unknown you know don't
want to be held prisoner exactly
perhaps someone will just kill me
then it won't really matter anymore