Indigo Hawkins Poems
- Benediction 'Let the love of harlots be sanctified.' ~unknown...
- Kinetics Of Self this month I began a new cycle of ...
- On The Evolution Of Communicat...
- Ode To Job Everyone can rhyme, but who has the time to spend...
- Chinese New Year gossamer and fluttering, his hand grazes ...
- White Noise Billiards, darts, coke bottles from 1952. Among ...
- My Sister As Myself I. returning to my first home, it ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Indigo Hawkins
'Let the love of harlots be sanctified.' ~unknown woman
When you come to me, realize I behest
no edifice. Love me in a gutter
or not at all. I merely want to rest
my temple on your temple - to utter
“Hosanna” in the shared throat of a split
alley; to awake spread beneath heavens,
frank before your eyes of melted wax, lit
with a tart torridity which leavens
my body as if I were dough submerged
in a puddle of consecrated wine.
I will pour holiness as honey, splurged
on rose hips and sopping clothes: our benign
impurities to dulcify and bless -