Humera Sultana Poems
- Unrequited Love I saw a rose bloom on my grave Crimson in ...
- Memories Sitting on the fence of memories I saw them passing...
- My Journey Who am I? I am the first cry Of a new-born ...
- Epiphany As the tear of Time Trickled down the Face of ...
- Death In Winter Death in Winter When I should die I would ...
- Toys Of Clay My Love! Remember those days When you and I ...
- Seed Of Love In the soil of my heart I sowed a seed called ...
I teach English Literature at Imam Bin Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.I got my doctorate in English Literature (Literary Criticism) from MANUU, Hyderabad, India. Besides studying English Literature, I calmed down my spirit of curiosity about understanding Islam by doing my Master’s in Islamic Studies from Osmania University, Hyderabad, India. OU applauded my spirit of enquiry by awarding ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'The strength of a broken woman sparkles in each and every fragment of her scattered self. Therefore when she gathers herself she outshines all the factors that broke her to pieces'.woman
I saw a rose bloom on my grave
Crimson in the hues of passion
Drenched in the tears of dew
It flayed in the mild brisk soft wind
Its fragrance heralded the dawn.
A deep flush dyed my soul
As I dug into its roots
Its soil had swelling germs of compassion
And it whispered to me-
“My roots go deep down into the grave
They suck the love that spread
Like blood in its vein and skin
And coil up in the cavity of a hollow heart.
A heart that enshrines the stoniness of Kabaa
The purity of Zamzam and the strength of Faith
A corpse whose nerves lay ...