Hugo Williams Poems
- Siren Song I phone from time to time, to see if ...
- Toilet I wonder will I speak to the girl sitting opposite me...
- Tides The evening advances, then withdraws again Leaving our...
- Her News You paused for a moment and I heard you smoking on ...
- Saturday Morning Everyone who made love the night before ...
- Rhetorical Questions How do you think I feel when you make ...
- Billy's Rain When I'm lying awake, listening to ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Hugo Williams
I phone from time to time, to see if she’s
Changed the music on her answerphone.
'Tell me in two words,' goes the recording,
'what you were going to tell in a thousand.'
I peer into that thought, like peering out
To sea at night, hearing the sound of waves
Breaking on rocks, knowing she is there,
Listening, waiting for me to speak.
Once in a while she’ll pick up the phone
And her voice sings to me out of the past.
The hair on the back of my neck stands up
As I catch her smell for a second.