Frequently Asked Questions
Submitting a Poem to PoemHunter.Com
How can I submit a poem to PoemHunter.Com?
You can create a poet account that you can use your name as poet name. Simply click the manage my poems button on the homepage of www.Poemhunter.com. System asks you to create a poet account.
After creating your poet account, use the Submit Poem page to submit your poems to PoemHunter online. The poems you send us via e-mail or other means are not submitted to our site.
Save your poems on your computer before you submit them here. We are not liable for the loss of any of your work you submit.
How many of my poems can I submit to PoemHunter.Com?
You can submit as many poems as you wish to our poem archive.
Do I have to pay you a fee to submit a poem?
Submitting a poem to PoemHunter.Com and presenting it to others is a completely FREE service.
Is there any rules for posting a poem?
Yes. Please follow these are the rules when submitting a poem:
For the title of the poem:
- Do NOT write the title in all uppercase or all lowercase.
- Write the first letter of each word of the title in uppercase.
- By all means write a title. As the poems are listed according to their title on some of the pages, the poems without a title will not be seen by the visitors. It is known that some poems do not have a title. For such poems, you can write the first line as the title. (In this case, re-write this line in the text)
- Do not write all of the text in uppercase.
- Do not write the title or name of the poem here. Do not add the name of the poet at the end. (When the poem is displayed on our site, the title of the poem and the name of the poet are added automatically by the system. If you write the title of the poem, the title will be seen twice when visitors view the poem.)
- Do not leave a space at the start of the lines (unless it is so in the original poem).
- Rather than separating the lines by using the "/" mark, at the end of each line, go to the next line using the "enter" key.
- Leave only one blank line between the sections.
- You can write the date and place of the poem at the bottom. Separate such information from the body of the poem with a blank line and put them in parenthesis.
- If the poem is a translation, you can write the original language and the name of the translator at the bottom.
- Do NOT write your comments in this section.
- Please do not give a link to a web site in the text. PoemHunter.Com removes the poems that give a link to any page.
- Do not use HTML codes.
Can I submit poems that were written by others?
NO. If the poem isn't 100% your work, it's not allowed..
Plagiarism is a criminal offence. Do not submit works that are not 100% your creation.
How can I make changes on a poem I previously submitted to PoemHunter.Com or remove it?
If you wish to change a poem later or remove it completely, firstly, login and enter the member area page. Secondly, click Manage Your Poem -> Edit (or delete) Your Poems links. Select the poem that you want to edit on this page, by using edit link.
If there is a mistake in a poem written by another poet, what can I do to correct it?
Please inform us about any spelling mistakes you find in the poems. Also, please inform us of any double submissions (a poem submitted twice to the archive) or incomplete submission etc.
What happens to deleted poems?
If you have deleted them manually from your profile, they are no longer on our records. We can not get them back.
If a user requests their poems to be deleted, administration deactivates them. The records remain on the system, but can not be viewed by visitors.
Does the copyright of the poems I submit still belong to me?
The publishing rights and copyright of all the poems you submit to PoemHunter.Com continues to belong to YOU.
You do not transfer the copyright of a poem when you submit it to our site. By submitting your poem to our site, you accept that we publish it on our web sites and send it to people via e-mail.
You can later remove the poems you submitted.