Harlan Simantel Poems
- Animal Freedom nice to be an animal free from worry and ...
- Ku Klux Klan you burn crosses don't you? so appropriate
- A World We Don'T See There's a world beyond, A world we ...
- March Madness! March Madness! Basketball heaven! 65 ...
- State Fair state fair! skinny teens chubby adults ...
- Brown Dirt (in memory of my dad, a farmer and gardener) ...
- Bipolar Swings bipolar swings sometimes gives me wings to ...
I'm an artist with a comprehensive web site (www.harart.com) that shows my paintings, drawings, and cartoons. It also includes a free, easy 16-lesson acrylic painting course.
I was first exposed to poetry in high school, attracted to Emily Dickinson's intelligence, spiritual independence, and creative passion. I admire other poets too, especially those whose humor shows thru (e.g. Ogden Nash, Dorothy Parker) . I've written an article, A lesson from the life of Emily Dickinson: http: //www.harart.com/hartext/emily.html
I occasionally wrote humorous poems on birthday cards and special occasions over the years. Starting in 2005 I began writing poetry fairly often as... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
nice to be an animal
free from worry and care
no clothes to wear
no toothbrush or comb
no clock to watch nor time to keep
sun and moon with you, awake or asleep
away from it all
enjoying woods and field
no rush hour to negotiate
your animal spirit healed
mate with whomever
no marriage endeavor
'poor' as you both are -
on a wild date - gaze at a falling star
never a need to cook
food from soil, stream or forest nook
eat your meat and veggies raw
no fork or knife - use your beak or ...