Gary Diamond Poems
- Icebreaker Closing up and clamming up in social ...
- Trust No One This Is good advice. If you trust
- A Woman In Lingerie There's something classically appealing ...
- The Human Condition Of all the things we've been ...
- This Is Good Rock And Roll The guitars are loud and proud and...
- Television To me, television is a chore. It is a bore. It ...
- Shape Of The Gun Does it make any sense to you to say that ...
Self-professed laziest poet alive. Works in short bursts of creativity before getting bored and not writing again for months. Hates 90% of poems submitted here, but knows that the ones he most hates are probably the ones people would actually comment on and score highly.
Influences are Bukowski, Vonnegut, Burroughs, Burgess, Orwell, all the idiots of the world, all the bad landlords ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gary Diamond
Closing up and clamming up in social situations.
Walking into a party full of unknown faces.
There could be a genius in there.
As long as theres a buffet table full of free booze
And the odd toasted snack treat
That'll be a start.
Some choose to hover there all night.
How are you supposed to start in a place like that.
What question can roll off your tongue.
Who to talk to first.
Worrying about coming across as crass.
Then the beer kicks in.
Blink and rub the eyes.
A plan is forming.
This'll be an icebreaker.
They call it 'the ...