0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Haiku form- 5 syllables- 7 - 5

Facebook (Haiku)

Add, Confirm, Delete
    Chat, Like, Comment, Unfriend, Blocked
    Friends – 0, MUTUAL- 1 (You)

• Rookie Coco Soup (4/10/2014 2:36:00 AM) Post reply

More and more parents buy their children a toy, but have you ever thought about that why they buy a toy?It’s really benefitable to their children.

First, a toy helps children to learn to speak. You may notice that when playing with toys, children chat with them, even though nobody can understand what they say. However, it is the chat that can help children how to speak his mother tongue. With some help from the parents, the skills of using a language can develop fast.

Then, a toy helps children to learn the world around him or her. To some extent, a toy is something fresh to a little tiny. The colorful designs and the soft touches of the toys can stir their sight, auditory sense and touch sense.

Maybe stuffed dinosaur presents (toyswill.com) to children can teach them a lesson of how to accept others.

• Rookie - 11 Points John Brown (11/9/2013 2:49:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello everyone (anyone) . It's my first post on this forum. I have lots of poems on the site, but wondered if it is acceptable to post a (very) short story here in the forum. Any advice would be welcome.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 11 Points Robert Graber (4/15/2014 11:12:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, John. Thanks very much indeed for commenting on Uncle Ikey's Last Words #26!

• Rookie Pedro Andres Rodriguez (11/6/2013 10:35:00 AM) Post reply

New Dawn

I dreamt of you last night, best one in ages. We walked along a country road in autumn holding hands, enjoying each other and the gift of life. On that day, we built a bridge, an unbreakable bond, that made us one. At the edge of a dry stream, with the morning sun beaming upon us, I pledged my love and everything I own; to hold you for a day. I woke with a gleaming smile knowing dreams are not the realm of happiness, that it lives in us waiting to emerge like a new dawn. You are my new dawn.

Pedro Andres Rodriguez

• Rookie - 6 Points Calvin Curdle (11/2/2013 11:10:00 AM) Post reply

I am working on a verse story which is not complete yet. What I want is some comments or advice to make it more appealing. So I am posting it here in a form of series. Enjoy.

VIEWS

IN THE BAR

(Woman)
    I knocked on the counter in threes
    Once, twice, thrice
    And turned
    Inward the bar was quiet
    Dark and lifeless.
    The benches were dead.
    I heard footsteps
    I turned.
    It was a boy about ten.
    Can I have a bottle please.

(Boy)
    We have closed.

(Woman)
    A friend is celebrating his birthday.
    I want to suprise him.

(Boy)
    The time is ten. We have closed.

(Woman)
    Pleeaasse.
    I am just one person.
    I am buying a bottle. It would not take long.

(Boy)
    My mother would be back soon.
    I will sleep with marks if she meet me selling.

(Woman)
    His expressions especially the face was begging
    But the bottle I also needed.

(Boy)
    I can't help you.

(Woman)
    He turned, living, but
    Grab! I had his arm in my hand.
    He looked. Suprise
    Spelt his eyes.
    I know what to do.
    Wait. What is your name?

(Boy)
    Abeku

(Woman)
    In hand bag,
    My hand ransacked
    And pulled
    A red note.
    Abeku
    I pressed the note into his hand
    I folded that hand.
    Please get me that bottle.
    Two forces battled in the boy
    I could feel it
    As his eyes stared.
    I kept looking into his eyes.

(Abeku)
    Okay

(Woman)
    Thank you.

(Abeku)
    What do you want?

(Woman)
    One of the strongest you have got.

(Abeku)
    Which one. They are many strongs.

(Woman)
    You choose for me.
    I saw him dissappear
    In the dark ahead.
    And as I stared I was lost to the present and found in the
    past.

THE PAST

(Lucy)
    I was resting my body since lectures wrere over.
    The time struck 8: 30 pm. Feeling quite bored,
    I decided to see Frank. He stayed not on campus.
    It was a matter of foot works and not vehicle wheels.
    So I sneaked like a snake from my room and into
    The lighted town.
    By 30 min time I was on Frank's compound.
    Good evening.

(Tenant {Woman})
    Evening

(Lucy)
    Please is Frank in?

(Tenant{Woman})
    Yes

(Lucy)
    Thank you.
    The house I invaded and climbed upstairs.
    I knocked the door in quick threes.
    Once, I waited, waited, waited
    Twice, waited and waited
    Thrice I waited.
    If Frank must be asleep these should wake him up!
    Or, What is happening?
    Click, click, click
    How can I help you?

• Rookie Manohar Bhatia (8/31/2013 8:43:00 AM) Post reply

Hello,
    I have a plan and manuscripts ready to start a poetry quotation quiz.Here sentences of past great poets/writers/authors are picked up from old books of say 100 years and put before the readers with one additional word anywhere in that sentence.Quizes of 7 or more quotations can be started with a 15 day period for solving the correct word of the poet as written in his book. Solutions with full sources of that quotation will be given on the 16th day.At present these competitions will be free, but later prizes can be offered. Ineed partners to run this exciting competitions, where some of the greatest thought provoking quotes will be on display.Please reply.

• Rookie - 939 Points Elena Sandu (8/13/2013 6:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I wish to know if anybody here have tried to connect poetry with other forms of art. I know it works pretty well with music painting and dance. To me a new form of creation are workshops. In the last two years I realized of how strong the power of words is, I am learning that poetry could be connected in so many ways to to communicate with many different arts. Until now I have tried to connect poetry with dance, theater music and nature. I can find poetry in about anything I see. But to help other people to find their own links with the poetry of own life and to develop a flow with it, is a total different thing than flowing my own pen.. With the help of wonderful friends have tried to facilitate a few workshops, some people were saying that poetry feels like healing. If you would read the wall may understand it. We have actually done that with people and each person felt pretty intense. A dove and crows I tried it as a sort of open conversation puppet story.It taught children how to say no and question if they feel to be treated unfair. I tried to connect people with the nature, one of my friends a great dancer searched for the color of her soul waltzing on fresh snow into the woods in winter, we danced with the river in autumn and tried to find and reproduce the growing, coming to life sounds in spring. Right now I am in preparation of a new workshop by which I suppose to be an alphabet of love. I think is is too cheesy and too sweet, clichee as most of my work, but my hope is that I will get the people to realize how little love they show to everything around them, even if they are brimming with. I believe poetry could become a way of life, it could be part of our daily pleasant routine. It is only a matter of intrerpretation and choice. Poetry might be shared thoughts shared imagery shared love shared motion. It can also be hate rage or revenge. A matter of choice, isn't it?

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 939 Points Calvin Curdle (11/2/2013 10:52:00 AM) Post reply

You can try writing a verse novel (Poetry+Novel) .

• Rookie - 939 Points Renji Mao (9/20/2013 6:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I often relate poetry to music to theater. After all, that's what opera is, right?

• Rookie - 939 Points Khairul Ahsan (8/17/2013 1:19:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A very palatable food for thought. Workshops can be good vehicles to carry the inner beauty of poetry and spread it among the people at large. Yes, poetry is and can be a way of life, it could be part ... more

• Bronze Star - 5,009 Points Edgar Stevens (8/6/2013 3:51:00 AM) Post reply

Poem Hunter Poetry Contest has officially started. You can enter with your favorite poem now or write a new one and submit it before August 31st,2013.

Prize is $1,000 for the winner and $250 for the 2nd and 3rd place..

You can write in any poetic style and on any subject.

Entering the contest is free.

Details: http://www.poemhunter.com/contest/

• Rookie Khush Joshi (4/5/2013 2:40:00 AM) Post reply

i have good some novel and film story and also write song and poem. so i want publish my novel and film story. so help me
    thank you

• Rookie Denice Godinez (3/20/2013 1:07:00 AM) Post reply

Not to long ago can u believe i was in coma for six month my life change when i woke up

[Hata Bildir]