Learn More

About Famous Poets

Post a message
  • Rookie ..... W@king Up..... (7/13/2013 5:23:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Always been a fan of Wordsworth, even more of his poem " I wandered lonely as a cloud" . He continues to inspire to this day.

-W

• Rookie - 592 Points Jefferson Carter (7/8/2013 6:29:00 PM) Post reply

PHers, my publisher just posted a new website [chax.org] You should check it out. It's really good-looking and superbly professional! !

• Rookie Jeff Armstrong (6/12/2013 4:57:00 PM) Post reply

I may have just come across on unpublished poem by Gregory Corso Titled " The You Within Me" - 1952. I would like to contact someone who might be able to help me determine if this is what I think it is, . Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jeff at jjarmstr42@yahoo., com

• Rookie - 8 Points Sj Holland (6/3/2013 6:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

The eBooks page seems to be about the work of classic poets only. Thought it was a page where our eBooks could be offered. My fav poet is Robert Frost, so I downloaded his works. My next fav is Edgar. You know who that is. I'll download his next. If you haven't visited the page, the books are in.pdf format, fully searchable. Great feature of this site.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 8 Points Vizard Dhawan (6/4/2013 6:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hey you can create your ebook too just go to poet settings sections and click promote your poems column you can save your ebook there easily following few steps thanks.

• Rookie - 9 Points Srimayee Ganguly (5/15/2013 12:29:00 PM) Post reply

My favourites include: John Keats, William Wordsworth, PB Shelly, Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, Emily Bronte, Charlotte Bronte, Christina Rosseti, Dante Gabriel Rossetti

• Rookie Jeff Mcguire (4/12/2013 12:34:00 PM) Post reply

Is anyone else as interested in Misty Poetry as I am?The poetry of the great Bei Dao, of the shadowy angel Gu Cheng, of the impossible Duo Duo (who is even more difficult in translation) , and many other Chinese poets in the 1980s. Can anyone else help me find good information on this wonderful form of poetry?

• Rookie - 5 Points Claire Thomas (2/10/2013 12:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Robert frost is my favourite poet.amazing metaphors hidden in the mundane.he, himself denied any deeper meaning.read mending wall.yes it's about a wall but it's about predudise and tradition and lots more.

• Rookie - 5 Points Jeff Mcguire (4/12/2013 12:51:00 PM) Post reply

He denies deeper meaning because, having lived in New England all my life, there is little deeper meaning in his poems except that which the reader adds. The poems are what they are; nature poems rela ... more

• Rookie - 24 Points Jahan Zeb (11/1/2012 10:03:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am a big fan of John Donne. A wonderful poet. One needs time to understand his poetry but one you understand him He is a superb poet. John Donne is the leader of Metaphysical Poetry. Though he is not alone there but still he occupies great place in English poetry. The sun rising, valediction, forbidden mourning, the good morrow, The flea are some of his great poems. His imagery and poetic conceits are very intellectual and the way he creates scenes is amazing.

• Rookie - 24 Points Shahzia Batool (5/14/2013 10:41:00 AM) Post reply

A wonderful poet indeed! Be Donne, think as he does, feel as he does, don't argue against his arguments and sentiments and moods, don't stay modern but be a metaphysical like him...if...you want to un ... more

• Rookie Donna Hodge (10/8/2012 4:29:00 PM) Post reply

Edward Markham

I just discovered this wonderful website. I collect books and today while looking at Twelve Centuries of English Poetry and Prose, copyright 1910, I discovered two poems someone had clipped and put inside this book. What a rare find. I fell in love with the poet Edwin Markham and " googled" his name and discovered he has written several poems and has left us with very entertaining and witty quotes. You can find these on www.BrainyQuote.com. While searching this website for the poem I found by Edwin Markham, it was not listed. I want to submit thise poem for you to add to his collection. This poem was printed in The Homiletic Review (New York) . It is worthy of posting! !

The Testing
    by Edwin Markham

When in the dim beginning of the years,
    God mixed in man the raptures and the tears
    And scattered through his brain the starry stuff,
    He said, " Behold! Yet this is not enough,
    For I must test his spirit to make sure
    That he can dare the vision and endure.

" I will withdraw my face,
    Veil me in shadow for a certain space,
    And leave behind only a broken clue,
    A crevice where the glory glimmers through,
    Some whisper from the sky,
    Some footprint in the road to track me by.

" I will leave man to make the fateful guess,
    Will leave him torn between the no and yes.
    Leave him unresting till he rests in me,
    Drawn upward by the choice that makes him free -
    Leave him in tragic loneliness to choose,
    With all in life to win or all to lose."

• Rookie Sofija Augusta (9/11/2012 12:51:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Has anyone read " Mill on the Floss" , or any other novel by George Eliot?If you have I would like to hear your opinions about it. I think it is one of the best Victorian and English novels in general.

[Hata Bildir]