Treasure Island

Teen Poetry and Discussions

For teens and students - Share your poems, ask help for your homework, share ideas and discuss anything you like.
Post a message

• Mohammad Skati Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/17/2014 3:05:00 PM) Post reply

As an educator, I do encourage all pupils and all students to write poetry. Out of writing poetry, especially for teens, I encourage some pupils and some students to choose to commit themselves to writing poetry willingly with my help.

• Pankti Vadalia Rookie - 1st Stage (9/17/2014 11:50:00 AM) Post reply

Sometimes in life..u need a pill..you know what it's called??..it's called the " hope-pill" ... it's really effective! it can cure u of any pain..it can make you the happiest person!
    But..as we know..all good things come at a cost..so this pill, that's very unusual for an ordinary person, but a routine for a person who knows how to LIVE a life, is a bit hard to obtain.
    You don't get it in the market..nor can anybody gift it to you..you have to search for it on your own, and take the dose according to your wish n capability..
    so I'll tell u how I found my " hope-pill" ...

I was lost..i didn't know what to do, where to go, what to think... In fact I didn't even know if my life was worth living...Then I resolved to do something for myself.
    On that night in search of some peace, i went to get some fresh air. I felt really nice...

I mean a dark night it was. But the moon didn't hesitate to fight the darkness! It tried with all its might, and at last brought light! Wow, I wondered how special it would have felt!
    And yes, the stars! ! I have always LOVED stars as they always teach me something unique!
    Yeah so though they knew that the moon was nearer to me than them, they showed up..They told me that if you are capable, you can show your ability from anywhere...
    Then they also showed me the mentality of most us-that we always tend to hesitate to express ourselves in front of someone very superior to us...So consequently most of the stars disappeared because of the powerful brightness that the moon had...Some stars even ran away from the moon, fearing they will get lost...

But then I saw a star...It was a normal, ordinary star..Just like the others..but there was some magic in it; you know what that magic was?It was the magic of self-belief...it didn't get scared and was standing just next to the moon, because it knew how capable it was.
    I was shocked to see the brightness of that ordinary star even wen it was standing next to the source of such powerful light..
    And then, none of the moon, or the stars, or the aeroplanes that visited the night sky frequently, accepted their defeat against that dark night! They all fought, n that's why they succeeded!
    And the wind...it cant see through the night..But still, it never fails in spreading its magic!

So all these elements present in the nature..they don't just exist for the sake of existing...They exist so that WE can exist..They are for us..they are always ready to teach us the greatest lessons of life...All we need to do is-observe carefully and listen to those silent words...
    Paks

• John Westlake Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/15/2014 5:19:00 AM) Post reply

Very nice poem. It's a pity that you won't post your poems on the main site. More people will be able to enjoy your work if you do

• Abekah Emmanuel Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/10/2014 1:30:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Lets still write to educate as well as to entertain the world. Keep it up all you writers!

Replies for this message:
    • John Westlake Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/11/2014 2:26:00 AM) Post reply

I would say both are extremely important, as long as it it done in the right way

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/9/2014 4:45:00 AM) Post reply

Poetry for teens and students requires more importance in creation and easy to recite and understand meanings.

• Carter Nedax Rookie - 1st Stage (9/5/2014 11:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

warning: it may be a little dark.

Pain don't increase,
    In vain i ask " may i be released?"
    love come in like a dove
    But please don't come from above.
    I know where I am, but not where I land.
    Please pain... Just refrain.

To read all of 4 replies click here
  • Abekah Emmanuel Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/2/2014 4:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hellow fellow great hunters,
    I have just submitted my new poem entitled- I TOO, SING POETRY. please check it out and comment on it. Rate is always important! Thank you all!

• John Westlake Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/8/2014 3:55:00 PM) Post reply

Have not forgotten about you. You are on list of people to read before the end of the year. Have faith and I will get to you

• Abekah Emmanuel Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/2/2014 1:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thank you mr.Westlake for your kind response, i am personally grateful for this advice. Indeed we are many here and so one must be smart enough to get the desired attention...I particularly dont mind how many people visit my page but how many people get touched by my message....I want every message of mine to be clear as possible. All the same, thank you. Let me also alert you of my new poem...ACCEPT MINE TOO....this time, a gratitude to the creator. Pleaae read it and comment on it....thank you all...

• John Westlake Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/2/2014 4:02:00 PM) Post reply

Sir. The more poems you read, the more you may get noticed. I will read some of your poems and can inform other members of your work. That's easy enough for me to do. Whether they will read is up ... more

• Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip Rookie - 1st Stage (8/29/2014 10:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Seven fake things of my mom words

When I was hungry, you gave me your food
    Telling that my ward
    am not hungry yet, serve my food
    for I have ate just before
    and beliving that!
    I feed my ward with hunger and pain
    But one day he will feed me with his strength
    And recollect my tears
    Which has flow down in vain

When I was in need of cloths
    You gave me a new cloths
    Leaving thoes comment of other
    As you were named as uniform
    Telling me that “my son”
    This is a small gift from your poor mom
    Beliving that someday
    I’ll bloom you with a golden dress
    To cover all her torn choths

Dear my fellow teen
    pliz think how our mum suffer on us from childhood

• Abekah Emmanuel Freshman - 2nd Stage (8/29/2014 5:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hello fellow young hunters, it is a pleasure to always meet you here. I hope you are all doing good.... I wish to inform you that i have done a few renovations on my new poem...GOOD MORNING! Please check it out and enjoy. Dont forget to rate and comment. Thank you all!

[Hata Bildir]