Treasure Island

Poetry Contests

This forum is for poetry contests, results, events and poetry related news.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Joaquin Santana Male, 37, United States (9/27/2013 7:23:00 AM)

I had a journalist read me poem and he said it was, " Haunting, beautiful, and extremely well written." I had an editor read it who also liked it. I had many other people who told me it was a very good poem, and yet my poem doesn't seem to have as high an average as I thought it would have. The only reason that I can see is that everyone is low balling opposing poems. Either that or they are not even fully reading the poems and simply marking them with low averages. The fact that people can have their friends vote in doesn't help sorting the good poems from the awful ones either. But on the other hand, everyone really didn't think much of Edgar Allen Poe's work until he died. At least I have something to look forward to.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Dipy Hermonite (9/27/2013 8:22:00 PM) Post reply Stage

See Joaquin?People appreciate your work. You are a good poet. Don't worry about winning contests. Its not important. Keep expressing yourself honestly and you will win lots of friends. Believe in yourself. We are telling you that you have great talent. Keep walking and keep smiling. Best regards.

• Sunday Champion (9/27/2013 1:27:00 PM) Post reply Stage

HELLO DEAR! what makes you think that you must die for the world will begin to appreciate your work?you are better than that. you're a world class poet. dream high, hence you be like him. i wonder why you wouldn't enjoy the fruit of your labour?

[Hata Bildir]