Poetry Contests

This forum is for poetry contests, results, events and poetry related news.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Bri Edwards Bri Edwards Male, 66, United States (9/20/2013 6:47:00 PM)

can anyone tell me (please) how to find a poem (i know its name and author's name) which has been submitted to the contest now in progress
on poemhunter, WITHOUT having to click through scores (hundreds?) of poem titles looking for it? i do not plan to enter a poem myself, but i've
been asked to look at and vote on a friend's poem. THANKS. bri :)
p.s. i found the poem once after minutes of clicking, but i accidentally clicked it away and could not figure out a way to go back to it.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Freshman - 2,024 Points Brian Johnston (10/9/2014 12:45:00 PM) Post reply

Well, having tried to teach you things before and failed miserably each time, once more I leap into the breach... HA!

breach |breCH|
    noun
    1 an act of breaking or failing to observe a law, agreement, or code of conduct: a breach of confidence | I sued for breach of contract.
    • a break in relations: a sudden breach between father and son.
    2 a gap in a wall, barrier, or defense, esp. one made by an attacking army.
    3 the vacant space between Brier Edwina's ears, any gigantic lacking of something that may or may not have ever existed...

You know Bri this is kind of fun (for the writer though possibly never for the reader!) Ha!

As it turns out when I did a SEARCH FOR 'God's Kind of Poetry' on Poemhunter I found exactly 7 poems that had that title on Poemhunter. It clearly doesn't work however on embedded text in an actual poem that contains the same words. Hope that stating the obvious has finally helped you in some way! Now at least you know how much I care. : -)

PS: Don't know why you have so much trouble being funny?It seems easy to me! But maybe the trick is for you to 'be all there?'

• Rookie - 581 Points Elena Sandu (9/20/2013 9:47:00 PM) Post reply

Good question! I hope it will be answered. For now maybe there is only one thing that you can do, ask your friend to send you the link. Good luck

[Hata Bildir]