(6/22/2012 8:44:00 PM)
| Read 1 reply
please please go read and coment on my poems id like to know if they are any good?
(6/21/2012 11:10:00 AM)
Tell me something:
Words have no meaning
Lessons taught to value
Feelings of hopelessness
Guarded by the tongue
Time seems precious to believe inside passion
When the world wants to sleep
And the mind travels in lyric....
(6/20/2012 4:40:00 PM)
| Read 1 reply
Stay With me:
Stay With me
don't let me go
if you do
You may not
stay with me
don't run away
i have no one
else, but you
Stay with me
and set my heart
Stay with me
never let me go please.
(6/19/2012 5:08:00 AM)
Please read, rate and comment on my poetry. I'd like to see if am any good :)
Thank you! :)
Mohamed Alpha Ba
(6/18/2012 3:00:00 PM)
Two in bed
me and you on this boudior
is like music that comes sweetly from the tremble string.
When fingers and wizard strip
me and you on this bed
is like the sight of the birds that awakens my desire
when winter blows in every corner of my empire
(6/15/2012 1:57:00 PM)
Please check out my poems I would like to see how many hits I can get. Thank you.
(6/14/2012 5:05:00 PM)
To commemorate the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of Writing Knights Press performances, we are putting together the first of many annual events, The Grand Tournament.
We believe that poetry should work well both on page and on stage. To better convey this, The Grand Tournament is designed to get the best of the best of poetry and bring them forth to the public.
The rules set forth are subject to change since we've never taken on a project this large as of yet. Any suggestions you may have, please share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org we are always willing to hear what our friends and colleagues have to say.
First Round - Manuscripts:
1. Entries will be accepted from May 25,2012 to June 25,2012. Send all entries to email@example.com.
2. Poets should compile a manuscript of around 300 LINES of poetry. A LINE is maximum of about 12 words long for the purposes of this contest. If the poet is primarily a prose-poetry writer this would come to about 3600 words.
3. These manuscripts will be judged by five qualified poetry judges on a 0-10 scale.
4. The top five scoring manuscripts will move onto the second round.
1. Please provide unpublished material or material that has been published for over 12 months.
2. Send the manuscript as an attachment. Label the manuscript file as " Grand Tournament Entry" leave no identifying notations in the entry. Judges will be reading the manuscripts anonymously.
3. In the body of the email please include: Name (Pen Name and Legal Name) , Address (Email and Snail Mail) , Phone Number, and a List of Pieces included in the manuscript. Do NOT include the List of Pieces in the attachment.
Second Round - Performances:
1. The five Top Scoring manuscript writers will be invited to perform their submitted manuscript at the Grand Tournament event July 28th, in Lakewood, Ohio.
2. Five judges will be chosen to score the performances on a 0-10 scale.
3. The highest scoring performance will win. If there is a tie, the combination of scores from the first and second round will win. If there is still a tie, the performers in question will be given a 1 minute lightning round to decide the winner.
1. One prop will be permitted per performance.
2. Approved props include, but are not limited to: masks, walking staffs, stage blood, riding crops, whips under 3 feet long.
3. If a performer makes a mess they will be required to clean it up. Any performer that does not clean up after themselves will be disqualified.
4. Not approved props include, but are not limited to: musical instruments, other people, non-service animals, apparatuses of a strictly sexual nature (stimulation devices, gags, fuzzy handcuffs, etc) .
5. *Important* If you will be unable to travel for the second round it may not be prudent to submit to this contest.
1. The winner of the competition will be offered a full length, perfect-bound book deal with Writing Knights Press.
2. The four runners up each will be offered a chapbook deal with Writing Knights Press.
3. Honorable mentions from the First Round may be invited to submit chapbook manuscripts.
4. Judges will be asked to pick one or two pieces from each manuscript for inclusion to the first issue of " The Squire" serial anthology.
Merchandise: Poets who wish to sell merchandise should email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details as it pertains to individual consignment agreements between the poet and the venue.
(6/14/2012 1:21:00 PM)
| Read 1 reply
we watch hopes die as time goes on..
we hurt hopelessly as we sadly mourn..
thoughts of the end softly lurk..
we watch pain grow with its hateful smirk..
the chains of solitude tightly grasp..
our hearts die with our every aching gasp..
trapped in our own minds, no wish for freedom..
the grief grows strong with all four seasons..
small yearns for love struggle through stains..
but hatred takes over and more are slain..
lies become us, we live false dreams..
the silence echoes with every voicless scream..
our wishes crumble, then fade to black..
life is over, my own soul has turned his back..
we rest in peace and cry thoughtless tears..
because its not death were scared of, its life we fear..
(6/14/2012 11:26:00 AM)
the poems here are neither for approval
nor appreciation nor acclaimation.
they are the creative expressions
of poets dreams,
thoughts and adjudgements.
(6/14/2012 8:17:00 AM)
I CANT HELP BUT WONDER!
By: Katrina Stewart
When I see you off in the distance I can’t help but wonder if you’re going to turn around and look at me with those green eyes and say I love you.
I can’t help but wonder why you chose to be with me but im glad you picked me.
I can’t help but wonder what runs though your head every time I say I love you or something completely random.
I can’t help but wonder what but think about what kind of husband/father you’ll be in the future.
I can’t help but wonder what runs though your mind all day when im not around.
I can’t help but wonder how I came to love you and care for you so much like I do now.
I can’t help but wonder what the future holds for us in our lives.
I can’t help but wonder what our kids will look like, will they have urn hair color and urn eyes or my hair color and my eyes or a mix of both.
I can’t help but wonder what our home will look like, small and quaint with 3 beds 2 bath.
I can’t help but wonder why I never feel safe when imp not in your arms but when I am imp fell as safe as ever.
I can’t help but wonder why I have the ergo to run up to you every time I see you and kiss you.
I can’t help but wonder why my heart aches every time your not here or why it speeds up every time you touch me so soft and gental like im a procalin baby.
I can’t help but wonder why I smile so big every time I hear our song play and I look at my phone and it you calling me to tell me that you love me more than anything.
I just cant help but wonder why I have all this in my head but I love that I think about it all the time because it makes me happy and makes me love you more and more every day and every second.