Poetry Contests

Post a message
  • Michael Metcalf (11/19/2013 8:22:00 AM) Post reply

the rope in which we all hang by is made of three strands hope, love, and happiness and when all of these strands come together they have the ability to create a noose. a noose in which grows tighter and tighter until you’re pushed off the cliff to be left hanging by only hope but realize someone will be at the bottom to catch you before you hit the bottom. falling off the end is selfish because there will always be a person to catch you at the ground even when its not the person you would first expect. we as humans not only have the ability to hurt ourselves, but we have the indefinite ability to hurt others. the gun in which we all carry is a weapon of mass destruction and the bullet of words has the ability to peirce the thickest of skins. the pistol of hate which fires the bullet is thoughtfully created and manipulated to fire a single shot to bring down those who oppose us. but not every one needs these things to better themselves, because everyone has the power to breed there own thoughts, there own inspiration, and has the power to change there own life for the better. the choice is yours don’t wait and be naive to the world around you. use what you know to help you better the person who you really are.

• Gary H (11/18/2013 9:46:00 PM) Post reply

She stands there in the rain with a sad look on her face.
    She was once full of joy and life but that's all gone now.
    She now believes as if people look right through her.
    She closes her eyes and begins to dream about flying.
    As the cold her passes her face she for the first time in a long time smiles.
    And as she comes to a landing she realizes there is no more pain, no more sadness, no more anything.

• Brisé Fille (11/18/2013 10:12:00 AM) Post reply

Whenever you get the chance, would you mind going take a look at my poem?I'm pretty new to this. Thanks :)

• Shery Vincent (11/17/2013 12:32:00 PM) Post reply

Please read my poems and give feedback to improve my writing... thanks

• Major Elazia (11/16/2013 8:42:00 AM) Post reply

Kindly I need someone to critique my poems. If you are here's the link http://www.poemhunter.com/major-elazia/

• Mary Amrutha (11/16/2013 4:27:00 AM) Post reply

http://www.poemhunter.com/mary-amrutha/ please read and help me in improving. God bless you all

• Herbert Guitang (11/15/2013 9:34:00 AM) Post reply

Please read, rate and comment using web Tagalog-English translators. The emotions of this poem are very intense and I can't translate it into English.
    Literary poem: A Tribute and inspired from (Haiyan) Yolanda tragedy with Filipino victims and survivors)
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/o-aking-mga-kababayan-at-mga-kapatid/

• Froilan Jay Guiral (11/15/2013 8:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

A Mother's Heart
    By: Dakilang Guro

If I have to sketch in a canvass,
    I'll paint and draw my mother's heart,
    The brushes; able to hide the snakes in the grass,
    With a thousand soldiers; she can fight and protect.

Her heart is full of compassion,
    Able to wear a smile even if life is often ironic,
    In dealing each mare's nest and dilemma,
    Yet, she loves to play the big waves, her challenges.

Every whereabouts, she takes the risks,
    She's able to grasp the world for the existence of survival,
    She's creative, able to stand out!
    The best portrait! , a mother's heart.

August 15,2013
    6: 10am

Replies for this message:
  • Khubaib Mujtaba (11/14/2013 12:17:00 PM) Post reply

Thou my lord
    Thou are the God;
    Grant me peace and solace
    Source on me your knowledge;
    Change me into humane
    I suffer from insomnia
    And full of insolence;
    Irreverant, scamp I am
    But today I lament
    Nemesis I deserve
    But today I rue;
    Don't mortify me
    Don't desert me
    At the judgement day;
    O my Lord
    Don't leave me in lurch;
    O my Almighty
    Omnipresent you are
    Thou are eternal
    Evacuate me from here
    Drown me into euphoric sea;
    Bolshie don't make me
    Narcotic, make me not
    Your pardon I want
    Your forgiveness I want
    Forgive me before I kick the bucket!

• Vicky Gupta (11/14/2013 9:43:00 AM) Post reply

MY LOVE
    where ever you go, i will find you in my way. loving you is my life, doesn't matter what the people say. i will fixed you in my heart, so you won't go away. loving you is my life, doesn't matter what the people say.

sun rises&sets, still blue is sky. nothing is changed, except me & i. i do believe that god in the sky, has made a love story for u & i.

i waited so long for your reply my baby. proposed you on sunday, you gave me on tuesday.

today i dreamt of a day, where we were together & world was away. you brought happiness to my life & made my days. i talked to you & my pain disappeared away.

i will stand with you, even if you lie. do anything for you, without asking why.

my love is eternity, it has no end. i will love you forever till my last breath comes in.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

[Hata Bildir]