Learn More

Poetry Contests

Post a message
  • Rookie Mohammad Tabatabaei (9/3/2013 8:24:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hello everybody
    Please read my poem titled " Ecstasy" and comment, I will do the same for you.

• Rookie Mohammad Tabatabaei (9/3/2013 8:24:00 AM) Post reply

Hello everybody
    Please read my poem titled " Ecstasy" and comment, I will do the same for you.

• Rookie - 13 Points Dela Bobobee (9/2/2013 1:21:00 PM) Post reply

Surrogate Mother and Child.
    Who is a surrogate mother?How would it feel to carry a baby for nine months in your womb and later give it up to another couple after the kid is born?This poem examines the deep feelings of a traumatized surrogate mother after relinquishment of a baby she nurtures in her womb for nine months to the legal genetic mother. Although her actions may bring joy to the home of an otherwise childless couple but what about other considerations?The poem portrays an overwhelming feeling empowered by her surrogacy experience vis-à-vis protective maternal instinct slaughtered on the altar of dire need to cater for her remaining kids. Experience her internal conflict to let go of maternal instinct for the sake of material need. Take a look at the poem and see for yourself.

• Rookie - 60 Points Natasa To (9/2/2013 3:58:00 AM) Post reply

Hello All the poets- -
    Pls review my poem called A Love Song. I do love and appreciate all poets who like to read my poems at www.PoemHunter.com.
    Thanks and God Bless You all.
    Natasa to

• Rookie - 121 Points Sierra Staten (9/1/2013 4:21:00 PM) Post reply

Hey! My name is Sierra and I'm 16. I'd really appreciate if you guys read my poems and gave some feedback. I just recently got inspired to get back into writing poetry so enjoy :)

• Rookie Scarlett Outlaw (9/1/2013 11:19:00 AM) Post reply

Dear All PoemHunters!

My name is Scarlett Outlaw and I have been writing poems on here, could anyone read them and comment on them please?You can message me privately as well

Thanks!

Scarlett oxox

• Rookie - 8 Points Hira Akhtar (9/1/2013 9:38:00 AM) Post reply

Halaooo everyone..! !
    Can you people please check out my poems please?????

• Rookie - 96 Points Maria C. Costa (8/31/2013 11:00:00 AM) Post reply

Dear Poemhunter Team,

I've heard this is the last day for the Poetry contest. I would appreciate very much if You included my poem " To Love & Poetry" .
    This is just a way of sharing with other peers or novice poem writers. In the process we all have fun and surely can learn something
    from each other, our own cultures and views. Thanks in advance!
    .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

To Love & Poetry

Dwelling in the realms of verse
    Protected by God's Mercy
    Love speaks in a way diverse.
    It pays homage to courage,
    Inner strength, soul pilgrimage!

It echoes chants, holy and pure,
    Descending upon us quietly
    Strengthening days to endure.
    It stays in little gestures, cheerfully
    Feeding our lines delightfully.

This immense ocean of poetry
    Allows it to deeply immerse into
    Waves of sweetness and mystery.
    Herein a lighthouse was seen
    We'll linger over it for good, serene.

• Rookie - 21 Points Raabia Tabassum (8/31/2013 4:51:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hey Everyone! If You Would Like Me To Review Your Poems Leave A Message At My Wall. :)

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 21 Points Amith Singh (9/14/2013 7:29:00 AM) Post reply

I have entered poem contest. Please read/rate. Thank you It is titled " Impalpable dreams" Hope is the seed I sow to grow a tree of dreams. Like a waterfall that plunges into abysm ... more

• Rookie - 21 Points Manohar Bhatia (8/31/2013 8:08:00 AM) Post reply

Dear Raabia, Thank you.Kindly review my contest poem and leave your message on my comments or at your wall. Manohar Bhatia.

• Rookie Sharni Mcmaster (8/30/2013 3:08:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

im sharni and i'm 14. i call this " aftermath" this poem is based on me. thanks :)

my curtains are shut and i'm all alone,
    this darkness i see is my only home.
    but where else am i meant to go?
    in this world i'm still unknown.

i feel my heart fill with pain,
    tears run free just like the rain.
    i wish this would just go away!
    shadows torment me everyday.

If only mummy didn't leave,
    but she would still hurt me,
    was it 'cause i didn't say please?
    either way, i still grieve.

she's gone forever and this is the aftermath....

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Deevya Pran (9/1/2013 1:24:00 PM) Post reply

its beautiful simple n touching poem! liked it :) may god alwz keep u happy :)

[Hata Bildir]