3 Books You Must Have In Your Library

Post a message
  • Rookie - 40 Points Bullion Grey (4/19/2009 11:53:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Well there are a few more....
    Earl Nightingale's Greatest Discovery: By Earl Nightingale
    Here Earl tells of (at the age of 12) , wandering the endless librarys of Long Beach, California trying to find why some people are getting what they want and why others aren't. Then one day he discovers an amazing book and in it he say's, the magical answer is presented. It is so powerful a discovery that Earl spends the rest of his life telling people about it. He even STARTS the audio book industry on a single recording about this 'secret' which he names:
    'The Strangest Secret in the World'. (tape available still)
    I have read this and heard the tape over a hundred times and each time it would bolster my work and mind. Although at the level the idea is at, it is true, there are higher levels where it becomes transcended and remains a truth of lower order. Where duality stops - Oneness is.

Another really useful book is: Creativity for Life by Eric Maisel...I may have recommended this one before but that is because of its importance among books for artists and writers. Though I have published in two countries 6 books, and sold every last copy, I still am amazed at the largeness of what there is to learn about creating. Most of my books I made by hand, yet people only know it when I tell them. They usually are fascinated that such a fine job of book making can be done by a single person, let alone while watching tv, or chatting with friends. But Creativity for Life by Eric Maisel is well worth sending for from lets say Amazon.com where you can buy a used copy for around a few bucks. The author has more than 30 books he has written and is considered to be one of the most informed today, in the US about creativity. Covering moods and madness (very eye opening) , obscurity and fame, creative block's (of which I never have had for some strange reason) , love of craft, perils of isolation (which I have known all my life) , and social interactions. This work is comprehensive and should certainly be read by all readers who tend to create. He speaks with knowledge in this work of Goya, Stravinsky, Willie Nelson, Elbert Hubbard, Cocteau, David Merrick, Chekhov, Truman Capote, Arthur Hailey, Paul Simon, and Jack Lemmon to name just a few of the creatives. I promise you that if you get his book and read it, it will be of great comfort and joy to you.
    BG

• Rookie - 7 Points Sue S. (4/6/2009 3:53:00 PM) Post reply

The Invitation - Oriah Mountain Dreamer (fanciful name admittedly)
    The Book Thief
    Mr. God. This is Anna

• Rookie Nicholas Spandrel [Enjoys Writing Poetry] (4/6/2009 9:39:00 AM) Post reply

1.Eragon
    2.Eldest
    3.Brisingr

recommended for many Poets who love dragons

• Rookie Aiswarya. T.anish (4/1/2009 9:56:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Some of the books I've really enjoyed are:

The Alchemist (really great)
    The DaVinci Code
    The Odessey

I guess you'll like them.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Roopa Menon (6/6/2009 3:05:00 AM) Post reply

You may also read NEW POETIC VOICES

• Rookie Roopa Menon (6/6/2009 2:51:00 AM) Post reply

You may also read A SHORT HISTORY OF EVERYTHING by Bill Bryson The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins The song of the Dodo by David Quammen

• Rookie Efe Onos (3/28/2009 9:21:00 AM) Post reply

Things fall apart- Chinua Achebe
    The Great Controversy- E. Green
    Shogun- James Clavell

Res ipsa loquitur i.e d fact speaks for itself
    All three make interesting reads & age available from ur local book dealer.

Pls can some1 help me wt websites thru which i can read novels online?

onobraks@yahoo.com is my id

• Rookie Little Hatila ;) (3/15/2009 11:03:00 AM) Post reply

I think Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy would be enough...

• Rookie M. McGuire (3/12/2009 4:28:00 PM) Post reply

Read Madame Bovary, The Count of Monte Cristo, and The Cabinet of Curiosities.

• Rookie Leah Zamoras (2/13/2009 8:00:00 AM) Post reply

Three books i recommend..

The Pellinor Series by Alison Croggon
    Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
    and The Alchemist by Michael Scott

that's one of the books i like a lot(especially the first one, i highly recommend it to you)

• Rookie d arm (2/7/2009 4:51:00 AM) Post reply

I'm going to cheat: I'm going to put all my must have books:

- Twilight Saga- Stephanie Meyer

- When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit - Judith Kerr

- How I live now- Meg Rosoff

- Ellen's People - Dennis Hamley

- Before I die - Jenny Downham

-Peaches - Jodi Lyn Anderson

• Rookie Jim French (2/5/2009 12:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

The Book Thief
    A Prayer for Owen Meaney
    Imperium

This list may change every time I read a book.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Sue S. (4/6/2009 3:52:00 PM) Post reply

I would agree with you on 'The Book Thief' - it gave me hope: 0)

[Hata Bildir]