Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Lamont Palmer Male, 52, United States (2/11/2014 8:04:00 AM)

I received a couple of emails asking if 'Cutting the Losses' is 'truthful'. I don't give much credence to 'truth' in poetry. You can go a great deal further on imagination. In this case, the poem was based on real events, but embellished a bit, as the best tales are. Also read the selections by Alicia Winski, a good poet and a nice woman.

The January 2014 issue of Ygdrasil, A Journal of the Poetic Arts, containing work by Alicia Winski; Cloe Mayne; Kay Kinghammer; Mike Perkins; Steven Stone; Lamont Palmer; Steve Klepetar; Michael McAloran and John Ladd, is now available at http://users.synapse.net/kgerken. With this issue we enter our 22nd year of publication.
- - - Original Message - - -
To: PALMER
Sent: Tuesday, November 26,2013 8: 23 PM
Subject: Poetry Submission: Lamont Palmer

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 50 Points Alexander Rizzo (2/11/2014 3:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I found 'Cutting Losses' to be sentimental but not crushed by it. The other two were more experimental to my mind, but enjoysble. I know Klaus pretty well, the founder of Ygdrasil. Good fellow.

Replies for this message:
    • Lamont Palmer (2/12/2014 4:50:00 PM) Post reply

You said you edited an ezine?Give me some info on that. Message me if you need to. -LP

[Hata Bildir]