Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

()

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Jim Hogg Rookie - 1st Stage (10/27/2013 8:57:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Marti... I can understand your anger and disappointment, but I suspect the truth is that at least a sizeable minority feel pretty much the same way. There are many good people on this site whose interest in poetry is passionate but who are also peacefully engaging. And many of them haven't got a degree in lit, but that isn't necessarily a disadvantage. Don't be too distracted by the views and exhortations of Jefferson.. most of the rest of us aren't... we've learned to ignore his froth... though occasionally you might find something worthy or funny in his work - if you've a lot of time on your hands that is! ....The rest of your comments regarding life in general are pretty much on the mark unfortunately. Might be that you're one of the " gentle few" (by Joe Pug - lovely song whichis very compatible with your views I suspect) who think that this life is worth fighting for in the most peaceful of ways...hope so.. have at them gently Marti..... jim

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]