Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

()

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Gulsher John (10/5/2013 6:55:00 AM) Post reply Stage

this article remind an old story about " paradise lost" by Milton.......
    indeed these words establish JC as a man of letter tho' a a bit harsh, i think he has to be, caz a professor must instruct like this.....
    sometimes he drives ESL up the wall(i was one of them, lolz) but i got that my approach was all wet and nothing els, according to JC, everybody's writing, talking but nobody's reading. very true.
    we all know that POETRY is self expressions but this expression needs a fashion of contemporary style, if not who will read zombies rhymes(JC coined this word for ESL)
    Carter views shall not be termed as DEPRESSING but it break an opportunity for learning.
    I am blow away by Carter's approach and appreciation of modern poetry.

p.s. already posted on the forum's page.

• Lamont Palmer (10/4/2013 11:21:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Nifty article. In this day and age, I suppose there's no such thing as 'bad publicity', but you're coming very close to it. That poor veteran. -LP

Replies for this message:
    • Jefferson Carter (10/5/2013 11:12:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Lamont, bad or good publicity, at least my big mouth has generated a public discussion of poetry! Imagine that!

[Hata Bildir]