Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Minas Harutunian Male, 33, United States (10/4/2013 1:38:00 AM)

Thanks for the feedback everyone, would appreciate some more from others. Now, back to Jefferson Carter. JC, first, why do you only have 4 poems up here if you're a writer/poet/professor... I would suspect someone in your position and " status" to have more of their own writings to set an example for others, because it appears as though you seem to find something wrong in most peoples work. this is based on the comments I have seen you making on others writings and how the general population on here feel towards you. Second, what's wrong with talking about love, passion etc...in poetry?Just clarify please. Third, ah well that's all.

cheers,
Minas.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Jefferson Carter (10/4/2013 3:41:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Minas, first, some editors consider posting a poem online is publishing it (don't ask me why) and won't accept already published work. These poems are some of the more popular ones from my 7th and 8th book. 2nd, " talking about" is the problem; the reader needs to experience what love and passion feel and look like, not just be told about them. The best way to do this is use images, appeal to the senses, not list a string of abstract words, which refer to intangibles, to ideas. It's the old show/don't tell command.3rd, ah well....

Replies for this message:
    • Minas Harutunian (10/5/2013 1:24:00 AM) Post reply

Jefferson, i agree with your point about the online publishing. I myself don't see it as a legitimate form of publication, rather a " just for fun" thing that people do. additionally, i stil ... more

• Gulsher John (10/4/2013 6:47:00 AM) Post reply

hahaha wow that's great if i am not wrong then modern poetry is an art where words turn into images.... but what kind of images?surrealistic or natural? anyhow i getting you slowly... tough but int ... more

[Hata Bildir]