Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Linda Ori Linda Ori Female, 68, United States (8/30/2013 6:32:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

Haha! Excellent bit of whimsy, and what? Rhyming poetry.......oh my........you are pushing the envelope, no?I guess I just don't know what " good poetry" really is, because I simply don't find rhythm and rhyme to be a deterrent to a pleasurable read. Yes, I'm sure there is much better poetry out there, but still, it's nice to be amused by offerings such as this. I enjoy simplicity, be it " good" or not so good. To each his own.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Jefferson Carter (8/31/2013 11:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Linda, there's more to formal poetry than rhyme; there's also something called meter, about which this poet hasn't the foggiest idea. I know the poem is meant as a joke. I do enjoy well-written joke poems, but in this case, the form of the poem itself is a bad joke. To you, writing formal poetry may seem boldly rebellious these days, but writing BAD formal poetry is the first resort of those wannabes who write poetry but don't read it. Sort of like you.

Replies for this message:
    • Dan Reynolds (8/31/2013 5:27:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

JC, your expertise with meter shames me........not! If I read very little poetry these days, it may be because there is vey little worth reading, written. ; ¬)

[Hata Bildir]